Australiaís interactive teaching approach encourages student participation and develops confidence and effective communications skills. These skills are highly valued by international tertiary institutions, where great importance is placed on developing the ability to think creatively and independently, read widely and critically, participate in debate and function in teams.
At AIS, the curriculum is currently based on the Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS) framework. From the beginning of 2012 the new Australian Curriculum will be gradually introduced commencing with English, Mathematics and Science. Our Year 11 and 12 courses are accredited by the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS).
The curriculum at AIS has been designed to provide educational opportunities that will help every student to reach his or her potential. The key to success is providing the right learning environment staffed by caring teachers who love to teach and nurture each studentís special talents.
All students are given the opportunity to reach their full potential and to work at their own level in each subject area. The syllabus is adapted and structured to allow our students to build on their knowledge and experiences.
Key Learning Advantages:
- Standards are specific and observable representing levels of progress;
- A developmental, student-centered approach;
- An inquiry-based and inter-disciplinary curriculum;
- A variety of instructional techniques;
- Strong communication, inquiry, conceptualizing, reasoning and problem-solving skills are developed;
- Students learn independence, the value of teamwork and responsibility for self-monitoring.
Back to top